Promote your next special event with custom screen printed t-shirts, sweatshirts, totes, and other great products from our catalogs. We offer many inks including shimmers, metallics, fluorescents, and puff to create that special effect. We also offer exact color matching for your particular need(s).
Our professional staff can guide you through the process from beginning to end. We'll help you develop the artwork, select a printing method, and create a customized product that meets all of your specifications. And with Ashbury Images, you can expect a 100% satisfaction guarantee on every piece of merchandise that leaves the premises.
What is screen printing?
Custom screen printing is a method in which a design is printed on finished garments with one or more ink colors. For each additional color, another screen is required.
Here's how it works:
- The digital files are processed by our art department and separated into individual colors before being printed to film.
- In a dark room, the films are attached directly to the screens that have been covered with a light-sensitive coating. The screen is then exposed with a high intensity light source altering the chemical structure of the coating on the screen. For each color of ink, an additional screen is necessary.
- The screen is flushed such that the light-sensitive coating is removed in areas of the design where ink is required, allowing ink to flow through the screen.
- The screen(s) are mounted on the screen printing press and test prints are produced. Adjustments are made so that the colors can be brought into register (alignment).
- There is a separate screen required for each particular ink color.
- The garment is loaded on a flat palette of the printing press.
- The garment and palette rotate on the press from the first screen to the subsequent screen(s) and each screen's particular ink color is then pushed through that screen onto the garment, each with a separate squeegee.
- The garments are then placed upon a dryer, immediately drying the inks at high temperatures allowing us to box and ship the garments to you quickly.
How to save $$ on your order:
- Increase the quantity of your order to bring the cost per garment down.
- Choose lighter colored garments where possible as they are generally less expensive than darker colors. Lighter colored garments may also decrease the number of screens and ink colors required to produce your graphics.
- Limit the number of locations on the garment on which to print.
- Limit the number of colors for each print location.
- Choosing organic fabrics and products that are “Union Made” or made in the USA can increase your cost.
- Leave at least two weeks to complete the order to eliminate rush charges and expedited shipping service.
- Check with us regularly to see what promotions we have available.
- Make sure your one design size will fit on all garment sizes that you plan to produce. Having different sized artwork for different sized garments can double the number of screens required to produce your order.
Note: When designing the images for your screen printed garments, please keep in mind the following sizing guidelines :
- Maximum size for a full front or back print is 12" x 13"
- Maximum size for a left chest print is 3.5" x 3.5"
- Maximum print for youth-sized garments or ladies' t-shirts is 8.5" x 9"
“A top-notch screen printing company right here in San Francisco…Their print quality is excellent and the shirts are ready when they tell you they will be. You want to print quality shirts? Look no further.”